After an exciting and busy time and the NSSF SHOT Show the Gun Girls are back in action. The season is only a few weeks away and as Randi Rogers and Julie Golob are planning their calendar they have loads of information to share with their listeners. With so many great sports, matches and events how does one choose where to go? Tune is as the ladies recommend some matches for each sport, give some tips on the best way to plan out your season for success and even give their listeners some heads up on events to keep an eye on during 2014!
Main Topic: 2014 Where to Go, How to Get There and What to Watch For
- Suggested IDPA Matches- Indoor Nationals, Costa Rican Nationals, IDPA Website
- USPSA Matches- 5 Day Nationals, USPSA Website
- IPSC Matches- World Shoot, IPSC Website
- NRA Action Pistol/ Bianchi Cup- World Shoot, Bianchi Cup Nationals, Bianchi Cup Regionals
- 3Gun- 3Gun Nation, Brian Enos Forum
- SASS- Winter Range, Convention
- Steel Challenge- Nationals, West Coast Steel
- How to Get There- What are the most important matches to you?
- Can you work in a practice match?
- What to watch for this year: NRA Show, All Women’s 3Gun, Rockcastle Thunder Games
Brian: Question for both of you. I just got caught up with Top Shot Season 4 and it was great to see Julie as the M&P expert (gee, wonder why). Unfortunately there was less than 1 minute’s worth of instruction that the viewer could use as take home points.
Julie and Randi, can you expand on how you handle moving targets? Do you ambush or track them, or do something completely different?
Cherie: Hi Julie and Randi,
In last week’s episode you both said that the Bianchi World Shoot is on your goal list this year. I’m excited to be going to Bianchi this year too.
And you also mentioned that you might talk about practicing for events, so…
I’m wondering if you have any tips for training for the Bianchi match, in particularly the mover if you don’t have access to practice on one?
Matt: How about the NRA action pistol world shoot at Rock castle. Same as Bianchi?
Jason: Running any new gear this year or trying out any new shooting sports?
Alvin: Any new “rising stars” that we should keep an eye on for the new season? Also, unrelated to the shooting season, what would be a good gift to a new shooter? (Namely my younger sister, college aged)
- Eric: Will either you or Julie be shooting the 2013 Single Stack nationals this year? If so, what pistols will you use?
This episode of Gun Girl Radio was brought to you by…
A Girl & A Gun Women’s Shooting League www.agirlandagunclub.com
GunGoddess.com – www.gungoddess.com