We’re kicking off a series of shows on our favorite shooting sports. First up, the United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA)!
What is USPSA?
Randi and Julie explain the history of this dynamic shooting sport along with a basic breakdown of divisions, classifications and categories. In addition to sharing why USPSA is one of their favorites, the national champs share some of their most memorable match moments.
- What’s the easiest division to get started in and what do I need?
- What’s a realistic goal for my first match?
- What’s your advice for teaching an all women’s class?
- What’s the best way to get started and are there special matches for first time shooters?
- Some people have said that USPSA shooting causes a false sense of skill when held in comparison to defensive shooting, that it causes bad defensive habits that a shooter might default to in a personal protection situation. Could you address that?
For more information about USPSA, visit www.uspsa.org.
Please feel free to post your questions for Randi & Julie in the comments below or send them to email@example.com. Tell us what you think and leave suggestions for future shows. We’d love to hear from you!